People eat popcorn all around the world. Not only are popcorn easy to cook, but they all also make for healthier snacks compared to processed food. Furthermore, you can add butter and other ingredients for taste.
There is something about popcorn that makes it enjoyable. People eat it while watching their favorite movie, show, or even while reading a book. Some might like eating popcorn during a car ride. The bottom line is that they are fun to eat. Kids and adults alike enjoy eating popcorn. So, of course, you might want one for yourself.
With the market filled with various popcorn poppers, it might be tough to make a decision. What kind of popcorn popper do you go for? Do you buy a small one to microwave? Do you buy one to place over an open fire? Or go all out by selecting an old-fashioned popcorn popper?
The answer to these popper questions come down to personal preference. If you’re someone who likes serving a lot of popcorn then old fashioned poppers are for you.
Now, don’t worry because old fashioned popcorn poppers are still up for the task. They don’t allow you to make popcorn in a microwave but they do offer large serving sizes. Furthermore, they are durable, easy to handle, and clean. We’re going to help with your decision making. Here is a list of some old fashioned popcorn poppers you should check out.
- 1 Top 5 Best Old Fashioned Popcorn Poppers
- 2 1. Great Northern Popcorn Original Stainless Steel Stove Top 6-1/2-Quart Popcorn Popper
- 3 2. Nostalgia CCP510 53-Inch Tall Commercial 6-Ounce Kettle Popcorn Cart
- 4 3. Nostalgia OFP501 Vintage Collection 12-Cup Hot Air Popcorn Maker
- 5 4. Elite Deluxe EPM-450 Maxi-Matic 4 Ounce Old-Fashioned Tabletop Popcorn Popper Machine with Accessories, Red
- 6 5. Paragon 1911 Style 4 Ounce Red Popcorn Machine for Professional Concessionaires Requiring Commercial Quality High Output Popcorn Equipment
- 7 Final Thoughts on the 5 Best Rated Old Fashioned Popcorn Poppers
Top 5 Best Old Fashioned Popcorn Poppers
You might be surprised by the sheer number of old fashioned popcorn poppers. There are still a lot for you to choose from. That is why you need to make a choice that works best for you. Nobody wants to buy a popcorn popper that doesn’t deliver. Also, buying a popper that takes too long is going to be a disappointed too. All of the old fashioned popcorn poppers mentioned below are some of the best choices to go for.
- Is able to make 5-quart of popcorn in three minutes.
- Measures 10 x 17 x 8 inches
- Item weight is 2 pounds
This Great Northern Popcorn Popper is a reliable old fashioned popcorn popper. It made from stainless steel. Also, it allows you to make 5-quart of popcorn in a couple of minutes. It doesn’t burn popcorn due to the unique spinner. Furthermore, it has a wooden safety handle to avoid burns. This means you can use this popper without heat-pads. The vented lid helps to release moisture.
You can also clean it with a paper towel. The duplex head pad ensures that the popcorn evenly heated.
Best Suited For
For people who like to make a big batch of popcorn in one go.
- Wooden Safety handle to prevent burns.
- Vented lid to release moisture.
- Make 5-quart of popcorn in three minutes.
- Evenly heats the popcorn.
- This popcorn popper doesn’t bear working on induction ranges.
- Might look a bit ugly to come users.
- Makes up to 24-cups of popcorn per batch
- Measures 21 x 16.5 x 53 inches
- Weighs around 45 pounds
The design of this old fashioned popcorn popper will take you back in time. It can produce up to 24-cups of popcorn per batch. Furthermore, it is easy to clean.
The kettle is a stainless steel one and carries 6-ounces. This popcorn popper has a built-in stirring system. The lids are dual hinged. You’ll also get a kernel catcher to dispose of unpopped kernel. Serving is easy with the tilt door.
Commercial purposes or for serving huge parties at home.
- Pops up to 24-cups of popcorn per batch.
- Easy to clean.
- Kernel catcher.
- Easy serving access because of tilt door.
- Is removable for countertop use.
- Assembly might be a problem for some users.
- Makes 12-cups of popcorn per batch
- Measures 7.5 x 9 x 16.5 inches
- Weighs only 2 pounds
- Runs on 110V
This is another Nostalgic old fashioned popcorn popper. It is able to serve twelve cups of popcorn in a batch. The unique chamber ensures almost all kernels are popped. Furthermore, the size is also convenient.
You also don’t need oil. So, the popper makes healthy popcorn. This is because it used hot air.
People interested in eating oil-free popcorn. It is recommended for serving large parties.
- Oil-free popcorn popper.
- Comes with measuring cup.
- Unique popping chamber.
- Makes 12 cups in one batch.
- The popper can be a bit loud for some users.
4. Elite Deluxe EPM-450 Maxi-Matic 4 Ounce Old-Fashioned Tabletop Popcorn Popper Machine with Accessories, Red
- 1.5 gallons of popcorn in a single batch
- Comes in at 17.3 x 23.6 x 20 inches
- It weighs 31.2 pounds
- Operates at 600 Watts
This old fashioned popcorn poppers is another good choice. It enables you to cook a big batch of popcorn in less time. You can easily make 1.5 gallons of popcorn in about five minutes.
It also includes stainless steel accessories. You’ll get a salt shaker, a measuring cup and spoon. You’ll also receive a popcorn scoop and a detachable kettle. This item has two switches. One is for turning on the machine and the other for warming it. It also features safety tempered glass side panels.
Best Suited For
Excellent for people with a home theater setup and who like to invite a lot of friends over. Enjoy as much popcorn as you want during a group viewing party.
- Features safety tempered glass side panels.
- Comes with accessories.
- Easy to use.
- Only available in red.
- Size might be too bulky for some users.
5. Paragon 1911 Style 4 Ounce Red Popcorn Machine for Professional Concessionaires Requiring Commercial Quality High Output Popcorn Equipment
- Makes produces 147 one-ounce servings per hour
- 3 year warranty
- Measurements come in at 22 x 18 x 29 inches
- Weighs 61.9 pounds
You can experience a real theater-like feeling with old fashioned popcorn popper. It is able to provide 147 one-ounce servings in an house. This makes it perfect for feeding a large party or even for setting up a popcorn selling shop. The choice is yours.
It is easy to operate. It also features an anodized aluminum kettle which is easy to clean. This antique-designed popper also has tempered glass panels. The heating deck heats your batch uniformly. Finally, the popper features an old-maid drawer. It sifts through and catches kernels (that haven’t popped) for later disposal.
Best Suited For
People who want to serve large batches of popcorn. Also for those who want to start their own popcorn selling business.
- Tempered glass for safety and hygienic reasons.
- Produces 147 one-ounce servings of popcorn in an hour.
- Old-maid drawer for sifting through disposable kernels.
- Operating it might be tough for some users.
Final Thoughts on the 5 Best Rated Old Fashioned Popcorn Poppers
We know it is important for you to make popcorn whenever you want. These best old fashioned poppers are surely up for the job. Select any old fashioned popper mentioned above and you’re sure to enjoy what it can make for you.